- Foundation was incorporated on August 10, 2001 as a 501 (c) (3) charitable non-profit organization.
- Prior to October 1, 2001, Southern Chester County Medical Center (SCCMC) owned and operated an acute care general hospital and a continuing care retirement facility (Jenners Pond)
- SCCMC formed Foundation as part of plan to sell hospital assets to Community Health System (CHS)
- On October 1, 2001, the hospital was sold to CHS
- In August, 2002, Jenners Pond completed a refinancing and entered into an affiliation with Simpson Senior Services, also a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation.
- The remainder of the proceeds and obligations from the sales of SCCMC were transferred to the Foundation.